What do I need to know for my appointment?
Please bring a government issue ID, driver’s license, or school ID to ensure your confidentiality. Your significant other, friends and/or family are encouraged to come for your support. if your appointment is for a medical verification of pregnancy, we recommend drinking a bottle of water and not urinating before coming.
Is it really FREE or do I need insurance?
Yes! It is completely free!
- No insurance needed
- No verification of income required
- Requires a positive pregnancy test and medical history assessment administered by our licensed medical staff
How long is an initial office visit?
You should probably allow 60 to 90 minutes for your first visit
How is the pregnancy test done, by urine or blood test?
How do I receive material assistance?
We have limited newborn layette items, clothes, newborn diapers, etc. for our clients established via a positive pregnancy test and are enrolled in our Parenting class or meeting one-on-one with our mentors.
How do I enroll in the Parenting class
This is available for those who are established as our clients via a positive pregnancy test
Where is the local Medicaid office and which counties are covered?
- Covers Chickasaw, Clay, Oktibbeha, Webster counties
- The Regional Medicaid office is located at 313 Industrial Park Road, Starkville, MS 39759; Phone: 662-323-3688
Do you DO ABORTIONS or provide the ABORTION PILL?
We do not have abortion providers in our network and cannot speak to the level of care you would receive from them. So, we do not refer to abortion providers at any time. Also, you will not be provided with an abortion, abortion pills or emergency conception from us because these services are outside the scope of our care. We can provide you with a free medical verification of pregnancy which includes lab quality urine pregnancy testing and limited OB Ultrasound.
How much does an ABORTION COST?
ABORTION PROVIDERS ARE NOT IN OUR NETWORK; SO WE DON’T HAVE INFORMATION ABOUT HOW MUCH THEY CHARGE FOR SERVICES. TYPICALLY, ABORTIONS VARY IN COST DEPENDING ON THE METHOD USED AND PROVIDER PREFERENCE.
Do you have Plan B or the Morning After Pill?
Plan B/the Abortion Pill are outside the scope of our services. We CAN offer you information on the way they work and what to expect after taking them.
Can I come in and get BIRTH CONTROL?
- PROVIDING BIRTH CONTROL IS OUTSIDE THE SCOPE OF OUR SERVICES. We do have nurses who can speak with you about the different birth control methods which is important information to have when deciding on which birth control method you plan to use.
- Just know we are here to help you sort through concerns you may have about your sexual activity. We also have trained medical staff and client advocates who can discuss your concerns and go over this information with you.
Do you offer the Abortion Pill Reversal (APR)? I have taken the Medical Abortion Pill(s) and I have changed my mind. What do I do?
We want to adopt a baby. Can you help us?
We are not an adoption agency. We can, however, provide you with some of the organizations in our network. Please contact us for that information.